Life and Beth By Alan Ayckbourn
Directed by Viv Short
Audition Mon 11th November
19:45 in the bar
Playing 18th – 22nd and 25th – 29th February
The action takes place in the living room of Beth and Gordon Timms’ semi-detached house
It’s Christmas, and Beth Timms is mourning the recent death of her health and safety officer husband, Gordon. Beth’s sister-in-law Connie and Beth’s son Martin have come to stay, determined to ensure that she should have a stress free Christmas, but between Connie’s drinking problem and Martin’s unspeaking and emotionally volatile girlfriend Ella, their intentions prove to be short-lived. Gordon has been busy implementing health and safety measures in the afterlife and is now determined to stick around to help Beth manage her affairs. It soon becomes apparent, however, that his return is not altogether welcome. As per all Ayckbourn plays, chaos soon reigns.
- Beth Timms – recently widowed, 50s
- Gordon Timms – Beth’s late husband, 60s
- Martin Timms – their son, a car salesman- 30s
- Ella Packer -Martin’s girlfriend, 20s-non-speaking part
- Connie Bunting -Gordons sister-also a widow, 50s
- David Greenseed – A clergyman and a widower, 50s
- Male police officer-voice only
- Female police officer -voice only
- Wagstaff the cat.
If you are interested in auditioning for this play, I have scripts available to read.
Please contact Viv Short or use our contact form.
I look forward to hearing from you, I’m sure it will be fun!